How To Fully Back Up And Restore Your Android Phone Using Nandroid Backup
Lets Save All Our Data With This Trick lets learn more.. Having an Android phone or tablet is being able to modify it using custom ROMs or launchers. However, if you are not so sure what you are doing while you install another ROM or if you change from one to another every other day, significant that you can get recover your whole system to a certain point in time is very suitable. Basically, this so-called Nandroid backup can save you a lot of trouble in case you soft-brick your device. In just a few clicks, your whole system is restored and your device is fully functioning again, as if nothing ever happened. In this short guide, I’ll give you the simple steps so that you can make a backup yourself to be on the safe side. I’ll also show you how you can transfer your backup to your computer so that you don’t need to keep it on your device to save space.
By fully back up, Its not mean back up just your address book or your emails, or your doc. I mean every important and useful things that resides on your phone with the exception of the SD card – what we will create is basically a full image of your phone’s current state that you can restore to at any time as if nothing happened. This image will be written to your SD card which you are then free to copy around and back up on your pc.
Lets Try To Make NANDROID Backup Manually
- Android device must be rooted in order to make nandroid backup manually .
- Install a Custom Recovery app (CWM Recovery/TWRP Recovery/4EXT Recovery), here we will use CWM and you can download it from here
- Switch off your phone
- Boot into recovery mode as per your device’s manufacturer instructions (It should be something like Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button / Volume Up + Power Button). Your phone will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery
- Select Backup and restore option → navigate to Backup → give Yes for confirmation
- Now, wait for a while until the data from your device will be saved into the external SD card
- Reboot your smartphone
- The CWM NANDROID backup will be saved at the folder ”/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup”
How to Restore NANDROID Backup Manually
- Switch off the device and boot to Recovery mode
- Navigate to Backup & Restore option → restore → and select the Backup file you saved while performing the backup
- Wait a while until the data will restore in your device, it will take some time as per your data size